Sunday, November 10, 2013

Old Dresser Redo

Wow! One week later and much improvement has been made.  I'm not quite finished with the bed but everything has been painted! And it looks so much better.  The paint really had turned yellow and you can see it when I painted the trim on the bed white.  The dresser and the chest are so pretty.  And $160 beats the $2000 set I was looking at for sure!! So to bring you up to speed....I bought an old bedroom suit about a year, year and half ago.  DH dates the bedroom suit to the late 70s, early 80s.  It was dirty and the painted had turned from white to yellow.  I started by washing all the furniture.  I took the handles off and then lightly sanded the furniture.  I used a spray paint to paint the handles purple. I painted all the flat drawers white and the embellished drawers pink.  I saw this style at more than one furniture store in the same day.  Then I painted the chest and the dresser.  I got lucky and was able to hide some imperfections.  I painted the mirror white.  I'm having second thoughts on that and it may end up pink before the day is done.  But for now its white.  I then taped off the bed and painted the trim white.  This is where you can really see the yellow in the bed.  I painted the center pink.  Eventually I will paint white polka dots and black Minnie mouse silhouettes on the center.  DD really wants a Minnie mouse bed. All the paint came from Lowe's and is the Valspar brand.  Including the spray paint. So here are the photos.....







































No comments:

Post a Comment